Indian Creek Christian Church was planted in 1803 under the influence of Barton W. Stone. The church was organized as one of the original members of the Springfield Presbytery. The mission of ICCC is to cultivate new life in Christ by helping people ENCOUNTER God, CONNECT to His Word, and SERVE the mission of Jesus daily. Though we celebrate our past, we look forward to the future and can't wait to see how God will continue to use His church at Indian Creek.
ICCC helps ENCOUNTER God through worship and interaction with His family.
ICCC helps people CONNECT to God's Word, so that they can develop a transformational relationship with Him.
ICCC helps people SERVE the mission of Christ in daily life.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in one God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Gen. 1:1, 26, 3:22; Mt. 28:19; Jn. 14:9-10; II Cor. 13:14; I Peter 1:2)
2. We believe God is the Creator of man and ALL things.
(Gen. 1:1-27, 31, 2:1-2; Acts 17:24-26)
3. We believe in Jesus Christ- God’s one and only Son and Savior of the world.
(Is. 9:6; Mt. 1:22-23; John 1:1-5, 14:10-11; John 20:24-31)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian.
(John 14:16-17, 16:7-13)
5. We believe the Holy Spirit is the empowering presence in a Christian’s life for guidance and growth.
(Acts 1:8, I Cor. 2:11-13, 3:16; Gal. 5:22-23)
6. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the supreme source of truth for Christian living.
(Ps. 119:105; Rom. 15:4; II Tim. 3:16; Heb. 4:12; II Peter 1:20-21)
7. We believe that man, who was created by God, willfully sinned and, as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
(Acts 4:12; Rom. 4:23, 5:8)
8. We believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to follow to become a Christian is to believe in Jesus Christ as God’s only Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord and Savior, and to be baptized/immersed in water into Christ.
(Mt. 10:32; Jn. 3:16, 14:6: Rom. 5:1-2, Rom. 6:23; Acts 3:19, II Pet. 3:9: Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 2:38; Rom. 6:3-5; Gal. 3:26-27)
9. We believe it is God’s plan for the Elders to lead the local church.
(Acts 20:28; I Tim. 3:1-7; I Peter 5:1-4)
10. We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person. The saved will inherit eternal life; the unsaved inherit eternal separation from God.
(Rom. 8:10-11; I Cor. 15:12-20; I Thess. 4:13-18; II Thess. 1:6-8; Rev. 20:11-15)