celebrating 220 years
"Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself." Ephesians 2:20
who we are
Nestled in the rolling countryside of Harrison Co. Kentucky you will find Indian Creek Christian Church. A faith community that has been in existence since 1803 and birthed under the influence of Barton W. Stone and the Restoration Movement. This history has allowed Indian Creek to be a constant spiritual presence in Harrison, Bourbon, and Nicholas Counties, and allowed hundreds of families to come to know Jesus over their 220 years of existence.
You will notice on your first Sunday a smiling and engaging group of people that call Indian Creek their spiritual home. You will shake hands with individuals that are new to the faith and freshly following Jesus all the way to families that have a lineage that stretches back to being founding members. Come hungry because Indian Creek takes “breaking bread” seriously!
Under the leadership of newly hired Lead Minister, Adam Wilson, ICCC is poised to honor its heritage by making sure everyone that walks in the doors feels welcome and sent back out on mission to make disciples.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe in one God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Gen. 1:1, 26, 3:22; Mt. 28:19; Jn. 14:9-10; II Cor. 13:14; I Peter 1:2)
2. We believe God is the Creator of man and ALL things.
(Gen. 1:1-27, 31, 2:1-2; Acts 17:24-26)
3. We believe in Jesus Christ- God’s one and only Son and Savior of the world.
(Is. 9:6; Mt. 1:22-23; John 1:1-5, 14:10-11; John 20:24-31)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian.
(John 14:16-17, 16:7-13)
5. We believe the Holy Spirit is the empowering presence in a Christian’s life for guidance and growth.
(Acts 1:8, I Cor. 2:11-13, 3:16; Gal. 5:22-23)
6. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the supreme source of truth for Christian living.
(Ps. 119:105; Rom. 15:4; II Tim. 3:16; Heb. 4:12; II Peter 1:20-21)
7. We believe that man, who was created by God, willfully sinned and, as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
(Acts 4:12; Rom. 4:23, 5:8)
8. We believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to follow to become a Christian is to believe in Jesus Christ as God’s only Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord and Savior, and to be baptized/immersed in water into Christ.
(Mt. 10:32; Jn. 3:16, 14:6: Rom. 5:1-2, Rom. 6:23; Acts 3:19, II Pet. 3:9: Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 2:38; Rom. 6:3-5; Gal. 3:26-27)
9. We believe it is God’s plan for the Elders to lead the local church.
(Acts 20:28; I Tim. 3:1-7; I Peter 5:1-4)
10. We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person. The saved will inherit eternal life; the unsaved inherit eternal separation from God.
(Rom. 8:10-11; I Cor. 15:12-20; I Thess. 4:13-18; II Thess. 1:6-8; Rev. 20:11-15)
ICCC is in search of a biblically grounded, faithfully firm individual to lead our Worship Ministry. If you see yourself as having the heart of a shepherd, gifted in leading multiple generations in worship and having a passion to see people connect to God through song in a way they never thought possible, we want to talk to you!